How Helpful is CBDa for Muscle Recovery in a Marathon?
The benefits of CBDa
Why should you use CBDa?As I am building up to the New York City Marathon and another goal towards 26.2 miles, products containing CBDa are a great alternative to help reduce severe pain. Soreness and pain will, unfortunately, always be a part of marathon training. Given the amount of training and running I am enduring on a weekly basis, the Planetarie Muscle Rub allows for swift recovery. I really believe this will put me in a position for a successful NYC Marathon in November. You can train all you want – but if you’re not taking care of your body before and after your runs, then there is no way you will reach your potential when it matters most. Not only does the Muscle Rub allow me to train harder, but it allows me to train more in a safe and healthy way thanks to the ways it helps in recovery. Another benefit of using Planetarie is that it also helps avoid the use of unhealthy substances such as opioid medications that can have negative side effects on the body. Athletes who have benefited from using cannabidiol have witnessed how CBDa aids in muscle recovery. It not only aids recovery after running, but also helps prevent muscle inflammation during training. I can honestly say I think this will be my most successful Marathon. I feel stronger and more prepared than in previous years, and there is definitely a good portion of the credit that goes to Planetarie. Keep reading to learn more about CBDa and why it is so effective.
What is CBDa or Cannabidiolic Acid?Over the past few decades, research into the use of marijuana and hemp in public health has been outstanding and the subject of much debate. CBDa or also called cannabidiolic acid, is a precursor to CBD that comes from the marijuana plant and hemp. Plants produce CBDa in its acidic state. When this cannabinoid is exposed to high temperatures or chemicals, it is converted to CBD. CBDa works in a similar way to CBD. However, in recent years, CBDa has been shown to target COX enzymes that are directly associated with inflammation which works for me so much better. And it has similar functions to popular anti-inflammatory drugs which are ideal for athletes like us. CBDa has also been shown to be better absorbed and more powerful than CBD.
Benefits of CBDa for athletesStudies have revealed the great benefits that high-performance athletes can find in CBDa. As we have already mentioned, CBDa acts directly on the enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2). These enzymes are responsible for the production of prostaglandins, which are the enzymes that cause muscle pain and inflammation. CBDa blocks pain receptors in a similar way to drugs such as aspirin or ibuprofen, so it acts as an anti-inflammatory. These are the benefits that stand out from the use of CBDa
- Analgesic. Relieves muscle pain and joint tension after heavy physical exertion. Athletes preparing for a marathon find great benefits during their training.
- Anti-inflammatory. Cannabidiolic acid not only relieves inflammation but also inhibits pro-inflammatory factors. That is, it prevents muscles from becoming inflamed during training or marathon. So it helps post-workout soreness to be much less.
- Reduces stress and anxiety. Its relaxing and anxiolytic properties, coming from its root compound (CBDa), inhibit tension. For athletes, it is important to maintain both their physical and mental health for greater performance during their training, as well as a demanding event such as a marathon.
- Relieves nausea. Athletes, especially beginners, can become nauseous after or during training. CBDa can help improve these symptoms by promoting well-being and significantly reducing nausea.
- Antidepressant. The anti-anxiety effect of CBDa has been extensively studied and has even shown a potential to improve mood. CBDa helps the production of serotonin, which helps regulate the emotions of sadness and anxiety. It regulates sleep. For optimal performance of an athlete, it is essential that he/she has good sleep hygiene and a balanced diet. CBDa products promote sleep regulation, which has a direct impact on the well-being and health of athletes.
ConclusionsAll of the above benefits reflect the benefits of the CBDa structure in athletes training for a marathon. Check out the outstanding products my friends from Planetarie have to offer. There is much talk about the use of CBD which could have similar benefits. However, the anti-inflammatory properties of CBDa is a plus that high-performance runners can benefit from in preparation for a marathon and physically demanding workouts and Planetarie is the best brand to team up with in order to accomplish your goals in whatever type of sports you do. So if you are looking for a remedy for fast recovery and inflammatory prevention, the CBDa structure is a great option. If you combine it with proper nutrition and healthy sleep habits, it will be easier to achieve your training goals.
Last Updated on 6. January 2022 by Sabrina Wieser and Dr. Will Cole, IFMCP, DC
Sabrina Wieser is a running expert based in New York City and the founder of Runningbrina - She is a USATF Level 3 and IAAF Level 5 Endurance Certified Coach and experienced marathon runner. She completed over 35 long-distance races and helped over 200 clients to cross their personal finish line. Her expertise in enhancing running performance through training and nutrition has been recognized by many within the running community and different media outlets such as Huffington Post, the Dr Oz Show and adidas running.
Dr. Will Cole, IFMCP, DC
Dr. Will Cole, IFMCP, DC is a leading functional-medicine expert, author of Ketotarian: The (Mostly) Plant-Based Plan to Burn Fat, Boost Your Energy, Crush Your Cravings, and Calm Inflammation, and cohost of the goopfellas podcast.
Dr. Cole was named one of the top 50 functional-medicine and integrative doctors in the nation and is a health expert and course instructor for the world’s largest wellness brands such as mindbodygreen and goop.
The 10 Best Supplements For Runners in 2023
Finding the best supplements for runners is challenging. For a lot of newbies, entering a supplement shop or the internet without...
10 Strength training exercises for runners
I recently asked you guys on my Instagram about topics I should cover. The...
7 easy to follow Running Training Tips and Tricks
Run your best with my running training tips and tricks. Based on my experiences I would like to share my...